Care Navigation Lunch and Learn
Lunch and Learn: The Journey of Care Navigation: From Referral to Goals Met
Thursday, November 21
Noon – 1 p.m.
Patients and families enrolled in Care Navigation services each have their own unique journey. Some patients have a fairly straightforward journey, while others are more complex. This presentation highlights real patient and family journeys.
Our ultimate goal in Care Navigation is to prepare families to effectively navigate their child’s needs, both in the health care system and in the community. The time is takes to teach and empower each family to do this independently depends on their unique circumstances. Most families can reach this milestone within a few months, but some will take longer. We will explore the care coordinator role in supporting families along this journey.
- Participants will recognize the diverse journeys a family can take to achieve self-management of their child’s health care needs.
- Participants will identify the challenges and barriers the caregiver and patients face while on their journey to achieving self-management.
- Participants will understand the role of care coordination in facilitating the journey to self-management.
Meghann Rice, RN, MSN
Manager, Navigate My Care Program, Partners For Kids
Beth Duncan RN, BSN, CCM
Nurse Team Lead, Care Coordination, Partners For Kids
- One contact hour available for nursing and social work
- Lunch provided to the first 50 in attendance (bring your own beverage).
- Space is limited. Please register in advance
Nationwide Children’s Baxter Auditorium. Please park in the Orange Parking Garage, 543 S. 18th St. Upon registration, you will receive instructions on how to access Baxter Auditorium from the parking garage. Parking vouchers will be validated at the event.
Contact Yusef.Abdul-Zahir@NationwideChildrens.org or (614) 355-4155.
Nursing: You must attend 80% of the Program AND submit a program evaluation in order to receive CE Credit. Nationwide Children’s Hospital is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (OBN-001-91).
Social work: To obtain CE credit and a certificate, you must be present for 100% of the program, signing in and out. All non-Nationwide Children’s employees additionally must provide email address for CE certificate, printing clearly.