Partners For Kids Pharmacy Team
Partners For Kids has a pharmacy team with diverse experiences that can offer support through multiple modalities to help you optimize medication therapy for your patients.
The pharmacy team at PFK can support you and your patients in a number of ways:
- Develop a pediatric version of the Ohio Medicaid preferred drug list and help create pediatric prescribing guidelines that are available on the Partners For Kids website
- Deliver disease state educational lunch and learn sessions for providers and office staff
- Provide medication profiles and pharmacist recommendations for asthma patients
- Consult on the development of prescribing preferences in your electronic medical record (EMR)
- Target patients that need follow-up using a medication-driven approach for several disease states
Our pharmacy team includes:
- Brooke Powell, BA, CPhT: Brooke is our pharmacy technician. She came to our team with a wealth of pharmacy knowledge as it pertains to prior authorizations and resolving medication access issues. Brooke has a complete understanding of how a technician can support pediatric patients.
- Kelin Wheaton, PharmD, PhD: Kelin has multiple years of experience as a pediatric pharmacist and has a background in analyzing clinical data. This positions him to take a data-driven approach to identifying pediatric patients that could benefit from medication management.
- Tim Crabtree, PharmD: Tim completed a managed care pharmacy residency and was a managed care pharmacist at Gateway Health in Pittsburgh prior to joining Partners For Kids last month. Tim has experience developing and implementing programs to improve medication therapy. His understanding of managed care pharmacy will enable him to effectively communicate with providers and managed care plans to improve health outcomes.
The pharmacy team looks forward to working with you soon! Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions at PFKpharmacy@NationwideChildrens.org